Sacred Heart Friendship Club
Sacred Heart Senior Citizens Club is a friendship club for ages 50+ which is run by a small committee.
The club gets together every Tuesday afternoon between 1pm and 3pm and the meeting room is at the Sacred Heart Church.
Their afternoon consists of several games of bingo in a friendly atmosphere, with tea and biscuits or cakes and a raffle.
The Sacred Heart Senior Citizens Club is run independently from the Church, and welcomes any new people to join in.
You can find more on website: www.sacredheartfriendship.wordpress.com
AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)
A.A. meet regularly at St John's Church and make a huge difference to the lives of the people who use them.
Union of Catholic Mothers
In 2013 the Union of Catholic Mothers will have been established for 100 years in St John's parish. They meet once a month at Sacred Heart church. They are dedicated to:
- Promotion of Marriage and Family life
- Justice and Peace (helping the marginalised and those in difficulty)
- Upholding Christian Values (through friendship and fun, and lots more ...).
If you would like to know more please contact Jane on 01827 283066
Parish Justice and Peace Group
Our parish Justice and Peace Group (formed 1995) is small, informal and welcoming. Our core values are:
- To be a 'voice for the voiceless'.
- To raise awareness about issues of injustice, inequality, oppression and world peace.
- Homelessness is the group's key theme.
We do this through:
- Reflection and Prayer.
- Raising Awareness – petitions, talks, newsletters.
- Action: Food Collection for Tamworth Foodbank and goods collections for St Basils, Fireside and Blue House, Bulgaria, sleep-outs, fundraisers, Tradecraft.
All ages and levels welcome the classes have been running for over 25 years now competing in National and International competitions and performing shows and exhibitions.
Name of the school:
The Doherty Academy
- Mr Danny Doherty
- Miss Katie Martin
- Mrs Evelyn Martin
Sacred Heart Church Hall, Tamworth
Time: 12.15pm - 1.30pm
Katie Martin 07932359413
Youth within St. John's Parish
Starfish meets at Sacred Heart community centre every Saturday morning from 10.00 till 12 noon. We are a bacon sandwich and friendship to anyone feeling isolated or troubled in any way. Just turn up and join us.
Spred is a group for people with learning disabilities enabling them to integrate into the life of the Church. We meet 18 times per year to learn about Jesus and the Gospel. If you are interested in joining us or know someone who might be, then please contact our office.
YOSH is our youth group for young people in yrs 6,7 and 8. We are engaged in all sorts of exciting activities like climbing, street dancing, arts and crafts, sports activities and so on. At the same time we are also a group seeking to encourage each other in our faith.
Rainbows & Brownies
Rainbows & Brownies – We have two Brownies Groups (7 – 10+ years) that meet in the Parish
- 2nd Coton Green Rainbow Unit is for girls aged 5-7yrs. We meet at St Elizabeth's School every Wednesday during the school term. The Unit Guider is Steffi Thompson Mob No 07815087565.
- 4th Glascote Heath Brownies, Sacred Heart Church. For further information contact Tracey on 07743306495.
Déjàvu is the amazing and talented group for young people aged 11-18 who like singing, acting and dancing. New members would be really welcome. We would also be delighted to hear from any adult who has choreography or musical experience who might be able to help us on a regular basis. Time: 4.45-6.15 Day: Wednesday. Venue: St Gabriel's school.